Sunday, December 2, 2012

Just sit

As I learn more and more about the traditional methods of meditation I understand more of the concept of just sitting. It has caused me to be a lot more mindful in most of what I do. Though, I have not mastered the art of just sitting I can say I am much closer to becoming more at peace; to becoming the Queen I am.

While on a visit to the Target First Saturdays at Brooklyn Museum yesterday, I came across these pieces and I had to share with you all. I immediately fell in love.






The way art speaks to me and says so many things is just amazing. I have been thinking I need to find a way to get some kind of museum membership. Hmmmm, maybe.
As well I would like to invite you to become one with yourself and follow the methods of just sitting. How you may ask... Find a quiet place, a pillow and just sit. Focus on your breath and each part of your body. Try your best to not let wandering thoughts enter, though if they should, do not reject them. Allow them to come, acknowledge it is there, and continue focusing on your breathing. The thoughts will then go away on their own.

Become Mindful!
Have you meditated?
Will you practice just sitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment